Welcome to the Lethbridge Police Service Online Reporting System. We hope you find this system convenient and easy to use. It has been designed to enhance our customer service by providing alternative methods of reporting incidents. Using the LPS Online Reporting System allows you to submit a report anytime, anywhere and print an unofficial copy of the police report. Please confirm the following to find out if Online Reporting is right for you.
IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY, PLEASE CALL 9-1-1
Please ensure that:
- This incident occurred within the City of Lethbridge
- There are no known suspects or evidence
- Someone did not break into your house, garage or business
- The value of theft, loss or property damage is less than $5,000 (CDN)
- This incident does not involve a firearm
- You are not a victim of a hate/bias motivated crime
- This is not a theft or loss of a VISA immigration document, citizenship card or government-issued funds (lost or stolen passports are reported to Passport Canada at 1-800-567-6868)
- If you have questions about the Online Reporting System, please refer to the FAQs
- If you have a problem with the Online Reporting System please call 403-330-5118
- If you have other concerns or questions please call 403-328-4444.
Upon completion of this online reporting process, you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete and pending review by the LPS staff.
- Be given a temporary report number until your report has been approved.
- Be able to print an unofficial copy of the police report to keep for your records.
Using the LPS Online Reporting System you can report the following incidents (please choose one):
- Lost Property (less than $5,000 CDN) not including licence plates
- Theft (less than $5,000 CDN) not including vehicles or licence plates
- Damage/Mischief to Property (less than $5,000 CDN)
- Theft from Vehicle (less than $5,000 CDN)
- Damage/Mischief to Vehicle (less than $5,000 CDN)
- Information Only
- All cases filed using the LPS Online Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- If staff have no further questions about your report, you will receive an email including a permanent case number and a copy of your report which can be used for insurance purposes.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
If you meet the criteria above you are ready to file your report online. Note: Please turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.