If you're applying for a record suspension (formerly a pardon) from the Parole Board of Canada, you must obtain a local police records check from every police jurisdiction where you have resided for the last five years.
How to Obtain a Local Police Records Check
Obtain and complete a Local Police Records Check form from the Record Suspension Application Guide from the Parole Board of Canada.
How to Submit a Local Police Records Check
There are two ways you can submit your Local Police Records Check to the Lethbridge Police Service:
- In person by attending the Front Counter of the Lethbridge Police Service, at 135 1 Avenue South, Lethbridge, Alberta T1J 0A1, with your completed Local Police Records Check form, a copy of your RCMP certified criminal record and two pieces of government issued identification, one of which must have a photograph.
- Mail your completed Local Police Records Check form, a copy of your RCMP certified criminal record, two pieces of photocopied valid government issued identification, one of which must a photograph, and processing payment.
Lethbridge Police Service
Attn: Police Information Unit
135 1 Avenue South
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada T1J 0A1
Upon completion, the Local Police Records Check form will be sent back to you by mail.
Two valid pieces of government issued identification must be provided. One piece of identification must be a valid government issued identification including a photograph.
Examples of Photo Identification:
- Driver’s Licence or Identification Card
- Nexus Card
- Permanent Residence Card
- Indian/Metis Status Card
Example of non-photo identification:
- Provincial Healthcare Card
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Immigration Papers
- Citizenship Card
- Citizenship Certificate
The Police Information Specialist reserves the right to accept or refuse any forms of non-government identification. Expired identification cannot be accepted.
Hours of Operation
- Monday to Friday – 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday – 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- CLOSED on all Sunday’s and statutory holidays
The fee for a Local Police Records Check for a record suspension (formerly a pardon) is $55.00 (GST included) Canadian.
The Lethbridge Police Service accepts cash, debit cards, personal cheques, certified cheques, bank drafts, or money order. All cheques, drafts and money orders should be made payable to the Lethbridge Police Service.
Please Note: The Lethbridge Police Service will only accept a certified cheque or money order, payable to the Lethbridge Police Service, in Canadian funds for any Local Police Records Checks submitted by mail.
For more information, refer to record suspension and clemency and/or contact the Parole Board of Canada at 1-800-874-2652.